After an exciting start to the year, Mediaworks are looking for an experienced Magento developer, to join the team and help deliver industry leading e-commerce solutions for a range of our global clients.
Based in our Newcastle Head Office, we are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual who has worked on a number of large projects that required customisation of Magento functionality and development of new functionality.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Candidates must be able to advise on technical implementation in order to assist the project team. Ideally candidates will have an understanding or have developed on the latest Magento 2 release and be able to:
- Convert requirements into technical and functional solutions for large, complex projects.
- Ensure that any customisation aligns with the underlying Magento architecture and product roadmap.
- Define the architectural approach and develop the integration between Magento and 3rd party applications.
- Be able to comfortably and confidently estimate time to complete development work.
- Write, test, and deploy code using established standards and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and maintain existing software according to company standards and procedures.
- Design and deliver formal or informal training.
- Lead and mentor other developers (some of whom will not have Magento experience).
- 5+ years of experience in software development including 3 years of experience developing in Magento.
- Very experienced in integrating Magento to 3rd party applications / legacy systems (fulfilment, PIM, payment etc).
- Good communication skills/proven record of providing technical direction.
- Strong e-commerce background.
- Expertise with development life-cycle methodologies and best practices.
- Experience in Object Oriented PHP development.
- Experience developing Magento modules.
- Strong relational database skills.
- Experience of Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP.
Birthday Day Off
Who wants to work on their birthday? Not us! You’ll receive an extra day’s holiday just for being born — woohoo!
We believe in your future. Our pension scheme helps you prepare for retirement through monthly contributions from both you and us.
From bubble football to rock climbing, trampolining and our legendary end-of-year boat parties, we love a get-together!
We want you to be the best you can be. We’ll support your development, helping you harness your potential and learn new skills
Employee of the Month
Each month, we recognise our outstanding Mediaworkers. At the end of the year these people are invited to an annual celebratory event.
Employee Bonus Scheme
Company-wide annual bonus scheme linked to business performance.
Bonus awards for the successful introduction of new business or staff.
Tax efficient means of sacrificing gross salary in exchange for vouchers used to pay for childcare.
Cycle to Work
Save money on a new bike and spread the cost with our tax efficient salary sacrifice scheme.
Wherever you want to be, we can help you get there. We’ll support you to the next milestone on your career path.