Mediaworks are looking for a talented and ambitious PHP developer to join our growing team in the Newcastle Head Office.
As a developer at Mediaworks, you’ll be responsible for building web applications inside our creative department using industry best practices and standards.
Working inside a positive and collaborative team, you’ll be exposed to a fast paced environment where we always strive to be forward thinking, balancing innovation and stability to provide our clients with the best solution for their needs.
You should have a minimum of 2+ years experience delivering PHP based web solutions within a creative, demanding and professional environment.
- 2+ years experience designing and developing PHP based web solutions.
- Experience building upon, utilising and enhancing content management systems and solutions (WordPress, Drupal or others).
- Solid understanding of OOP principles, application architecture and design.
- Knowledge and experience working with source control systems, including but not limited to branching, pull requests, peer reviews etc.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients, colleagues and key stakeholders, transforming technical jargon to increase understanding.
- Provide support for existing applications enhancing where required.
- Forward thinking, finding efficiencies and improvements in our delivery processes with the ability to build a case constructively for change improvement.
- Understanding of MVC architecture.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- A great attitude and willingness to support colleagues, contributing to the positive team atmospjhere.
- The ability to scope work and deliver on time within budgets.
- To train and share skills with other team members and departments where appropriate.
No Recruitment Agencies Please
Birthday Day Off
Who wants to work on their birthday? Not us! You’ll receive an extra day’s holiday just for being born — woohoo!
We believe in your future. Our pension scheme helps you prepare for retirement through monthly contributions from both you and us.
From bubble football to rock climbing, trampolining and our legendary end-of-year boat parties, we love a get-together!
We want you to be the best you can be. We’ll support your development, helping you harness your potential and learn new skills
Employee of the Month
Each month, we recognise our outstanding Mediaworkers. At the end of the year these people are invited to an annual celebratory event.
Employee Bonus Scheme
Company-wide annual bonus scheme linked to business performance.
Bonus awards for the successful introduction of new business or staff.
Cycle to Work
Save money on a new bike and spread the cost with our tax efficient salary sacrifice scheme.
Wherever you want to be, we can help you get there. We’ll support you to the next milestone on your career path.