On Thursday 26 May, members of the award-winning creative search agency Mediaworks headed over the border to Edinburgh to host the company’s first-ever Scottish SEO and Networking morning.
The Regus Building, in St Andrew Square, was the setting for a free event, which consisted of a SEO Masterclass and the chance to get a glimpse into life at Mediaworks.
There was a fantastic turnout of attendees including iON Magazine, Seafish, DeafAction and Wemyss Malts to name a few.
Guests were given the opportunity to get up-to-speed with the fast-paced world of search engine optimisation, with a SEO Masterclass hosted by the company’s Head of Search, Kev Strong.
Throughout the two-part presentation, Kev covered a wide range of topics including
- Understanding Google’s current mission statement.
- How to optimise both on-site and outreach content to make it useful for search engines and internet visitors alike.
- Ways that SEO has changed over the years and how we have adapted in response.
- How to use Google Tag Manager, UTM Tracking and Search Console to track information effectively.
- The many benefits of using Google Analytics to analyse a website.
Following the presentation, guests were given the floor to ask questions to Kev, as well as Mediaworks’ Business Development Manager, Peter Lowe; Head of Communications, Jayne Walsh and Sales and Marketing Executive, Roxanne Tuck, in order to get to know the creative search agency better.
Mediaworks received great feedback from those who attended the networking morning and the company is already looking into settings across both Scotland and England to host similar events in the future.
Interested in SEO and how it can help your business? Get in touch with Mediaworks today.