If you want a rewarding role in an exciting business and you’re prepared to tackle challenges and work hard, we want to hear from you. We’re after skilled coders with more than 2 years’ experience in a development team who can work with multiple languages.
But why work at Mediaworks? As well as being an award-winning digital agency, we’re also staffed by some of the most enthusiastic and welcoming co-workers you could imagine. If working in an open-plan office where creative ideas are constantly buzzing around appeals to you, you’ll fit right in. We encourage go-getters and hard-workers, with frequent staff awards, nights out, sporting events and gaming nights.
In 2015, we experienced an immense period of growth and now look forward to another stellar year. This is an opportunity to get on board the ‘big blue ship’, as we’re affectionately nicknamed, to help steer the business into unrivalled heights.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, read the full job description below:
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and support new websites for client and company specific requirements.
• Create and maintain appropriate systems documentation & processes.
• Resolve user problems and issues in a timely manner.
• To actively support colleagues and contribute to a positive team environment.
• To contribute to the development of Mediaworks in-house technology through a pro-active approach to opportunities and ideas.
• To undertake training as required and agreed.
• To attend and participate positively in staff meetings.
• Keep up to date with advances in development and further areas of Online Marketing.
• Undertake and fulfil other duties as may be reasonably required by Mediaworks, in line with the incumbent’s skills, knowledge, abilities and personal development opportunities.
• 2+ years’ work experience in a Development team.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in WordPress development.
• Knowledge of inbuilt WordPress functions.
• Knowledge in crafting WordPress plugins and widgets to conform to WordPress coding standards.
• Knowledge in creating child themes and working experience with WordPress premium themes.
• Knowledge in creating responsive WordPress themes.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Self-starter with strong self-management skills.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Thorough, accurate with excellent attention to detail.
• A team player who has the ability and confidence to work on own initiative and independently when needed.
• Ability to work to under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Self-motivated and a willingness to contribute ideas.
• A valued team member, who upholds Mediaworks values and professional integrity at all times.
If you’d like to work in a fast-moving office with friendly colleagues and a bright future, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com