2. Collection of Personal Information
- The types of personal information obtained and stored by Mediaworks UK Ltd might include your full name, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details – to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 – and related legislation (“the DPA”).
- Mediaworks UK Ltd may obtain information about you in the following ways:
- Any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to register on the website(s) or receive email notices or other communications.
- Any data that you provide via comments or forums and/or any other information that you forego on the Mediaworks UK Ltd website (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the site across the world);
- During any transaction with Mediaworks UK Ltd;
- Any other data which you provide to Mediaworks UK Ltd when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or any other correspondence to us or otherwise provide us with your personal information.
- Mediaworks UK Ltd (or any of its sub-contractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a friend who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
3. Storage and retention of your information
- Mediaworks UK Ltd will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that Mediaworks UK Ltd uses and the security policies which Mediaworks UK Ltd has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
4. Use of Your Information
Mediaworks UK Ltd may use your personal information for the following reasons:
- Administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
- Responding to any enquiry you make;
- Subject to your consent, sending you email or written newsletters and/or notices and information regarding Mediaworks UK Ltd’s or any third party’s future services (in all formats to which you have consented e.g. postal, email, SMS);
- Mediaworks UK Ltd may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) as follows:
- If you have given your consent for Mediaworks UK Ltd to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
- To any service providers, sub-contractors and/or agents whom have been appointed by Mediaworks UK Ltd to perform the functions on its behalf;
- To third parties selected by Mediaworks UK Ltd as part of aggregated information.